The Legal Bit
‘Your contributions’ or ‘your user content’ – means any material, including without limitation, text, images, audio material, video material, that you submit to the website.
‘Contributor’ or ‘Creator’ or ‘Quack Creator (QC) – means you as soon as you submit one piece of work ‘The Quack’.
- You grant to ‘The Quack’ a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your contributions.
- You also grant to ‘The Quack’ the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
- Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or ‘The Quack’ or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
- You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
- You must not submit any content that is deemed to be of a derogatory nature towards another, aimed at another student, Elected Officer or University or SU Staff member. (we want you to have opinions and to share them, but in a constructive way)
- You must not submit any content regarding SU Elections that favours one or more candidates. (we’re always unbiased)
- If you submit content that directly discusses and names another student, Elected Officer or University or SU Staff member we will review on a case by case basis to see if that naming is necessary and in no way negatively effects that person.
- ‘The Quack’ reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on ‘The Quack’ servers, or hosted and published upon the website and social media.
- By becoming a contributor to ‘The Quack’ you opt in to being contacted via email on updates to the website in terms of ownership, Students’ Union staff involvement and student involvement, unless otherwise stated by yourself.
- All intellectual property rights are withheld to the contributor. By submitting your work the ‘The Quack, you give us temporary intellectual rights.
- Without prior consent from ‘The Quack’ you must not;
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website)
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the website
- Show any material from the website in public
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
- or Redistribute material from this website (except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution)
- By submitting content of any kind you pledge that you are the sole owner of that content, and it is not plagiarised. If we receive any reports of plagiarism your content will be taken down and you will be responsible for any subsequent actions taken.
- If contributing artwork or photography, you are responsible, as a QC, to ensure the material doesn’t violate any rights, or infringe on any intellectual property or publicity rights of another. For example, if you upload a picture of a painting, you will likely own the copyright to the photography, but could be infringing on the artist’s rights to the painting.
We reserve the right to withdraw any content that we deem to be in breach of our terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions are subject to change.